Thursday, June 2, 2011

God is really awesome

God did something totally cool today. Today Justin, Leslie, and I were reading an article about the tornado in Massachusetts. This was the conversation:

Me: There are so many natural disasters these days.

Leslie: Jesus is going to come back.

Justin: He is?!!

Me: Yes, the bible says He will come back, but no one knows when. But we do know that everyone will have a chance to hear the good news of Jesus and get to know Him before He comes back.

Justin: I don’t know Jesus.

Me: Do you want to get to know Him?

Justin: Yes.

Me: God wants to be your friend, but He can’t because there is sin that separates you and God.

Leslie: Sin is the bad things that you do.

Me: Have you ever lied?

Justin: Yes. A LOT!

Me: Have you ever stolen anything?

Justin: Yes, once.

Me: Have you ever gotten angry at your sister or parents?

Justin: Yes, lots of times.

Me: What happens when you do something bad?

Justin: You get punished.

Me: Right. We should be punished for our sins, but God didn’t want to punish us. Instead, He punished His son for the bad things that we did. Jesus died on the cross for all the bad things that we did, and will do. All you have to do is ask God to forgive you and ask Jesus to come into your heart. It’s not easy, but do you think you will want to obey God in your life and have Him help you stop doing bad things?

Justin: Yes, I want to do that.

(I lead Justin in prayer and he asks God to forgive him and invites Jesus into his heart and be his friend.)

Me: You know God wants to talk to you and have a relationship with you. He wants to be your best friend.

Justin: Really?

Me: Yes, really. Do you want to see what He thinks of you?

Justin: Yes!!!

Me: Let’s ask God what He thinks of you Justin. (I briefly explain the ways God can speak and we listen for a few minutes.) Justin what do you think God said to you?

Justin: I saw the word, “good” and I felt good all over. I saw the word “bad” but it was smaller than “good.”

Me: Justin, God thinks that you are a really good boy! He sees the bad things too, but he sees more of the good things in you. He is really pleased with you.

Leslie: I saw the word “loving.”

Me: Wow, God must really love you Justin!! (Justin has a big grin)

Leslie: Mrs. Yi, what did you see?

Me: I am not sure. I saw Justin dressed up as a soldier. I am not sure what that means.

Justin: (His eyes wide open.) THAT’S WHAT I WANT TO BE WHEN I GROW UP! How did God know that?

Me: Justin, God loves you very much and He knows everything about you because He created you!

Justin: That’s really awesome!

Me: Yup, God is really awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment