Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sentence Diagramming

On Tuesday evenings, we have a family bible study. We are studying through the book of Jonah using the Precepts Inductive bible study material. We read each passage several times and ask the 5 W & H questions: Who, What, Where, Why, When and How. The kids are getting pretty good at analyzing the bible passages.

This week we read Jonah 4. We all read individually, marking our bibles. Suddenly, Jeremiah says, "I marked the sentences." Richard didn't know what that meant, so we showed him how to mark the sentences with the parts of speech. I asked Jeremiah to diagram the sentence, but he said there were some things he didn't learn yet. So, Sebene volunteers to diagram the sentence. When I was in school, this would have been a total "nerd" thing to do. But I was so proud of my children that they take their academic studies very seriously. They indeed must be learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment