Thursday, February 16, 2012

God Interrupts Words with Friends

I was feeling a little down yesterday and suddenly really missed my kids. After several days of really having an exciting time with God, it was hard to be in this place. I was feeling depressed. I was feeling so down that I didn't even want to play Words with Friends. I am really addicted to this game, so it's really bad when I don't want to play. (Addictions are bad I know, BUT it's really my only vice. Plus I reason that it will keep my mind sharp :) I asked God to give me joy, but I didn't feel any all day.

Then in the evening, I decide to play Words. I play a few rounds and am not really enjoying it. I was about to stop playing, when one of my friends (who is as addicted to this game as I am) starts a new game. On my turn, I am able to clear all my letters and play "skeleton." I was so excited because I have NEVER, EVER cleared all my letters before. I am really surprised. Then on my next turn, I am able to play all my letters AGAIN! I play "feasted" with the s under "skeleton." Now I am feeling really, really excited and my emotions lift. I don't feel so down anymore. I am really excited because this has never happened to me before...Twice in a row! Then the next word I play is, "Grace." God reminds me again of His Grace for me. A God who loves me so much and cares so much about me interrupted my game to show me His Grace. God's Grace is indeed very big. He really cares about the little things. I am amazed again at the ways He shows His love for me!

What a classy God!

No comments:

Post a Comment