Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April DPTA



Sebene played in her third DPTA last week. She has gotten so much better. Two months ago, I couldn't watch her play tennis because she looked like she was chasing after butterflies. It was hard to watch that after being used to watching Elijah's fast-paced matches.

I was really impressed with Sebene. She had strategy, technique, and endurance. She won her first match 8-0, her second 8-2, her third 8-2, her fourth 8-6, and then she lost in the finals 6-8. During the semi-finals, I noticed she was running out of steam. During the 30 minute break before the finals match, I pumped her up with a Starbucks caramel frap and some cookies. It just wasn't enough sugar. Next time, I know now to feed her a little bit more sugar!

Sebene, I am really proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment